"The Noble House of Bayle", first name of Château Guiraud was the
possession of the family of Saint Poly Mons. On February 22, 1766 Pierre
Guiraud, a Protestant merchant from Bordeaux, bought it for the sum of
53,000 livres. When he died in 1799 he left the estate to his son
Louis. This will make Bayle a large area and especially a great vintage,
the rising of the devaluation where he had fallen since 1793.
1837, the estate he bequeaths to his son Pierre-Aman worth 250,000
francs. It is with this last succession that Bayle leaves the Guiraud
family even though its value had tripled in less than forty years. In
80 years and three generations Guiraud has become a prestigious grand
cru consecrated in 1855 as 1er Cru during the imperial classification.
July 20, 2006, Guiraud was taken over by four personalities, an
industrialist, Robert Peugeot, and three winemakers, Olivier Bernard,
Stephan Von Neipperg and Xavier Planty. The meeting of these four
characters during a dinner in Paris is the founding event of the new
team. The sharing of passion for wines, gastronomy, nature, hunting, all
this lifestyle allowed them to agree very quickly on the ethics of
quality and the philosophy of the vintage. Guiraud is in good hands and
for a long time.