Since the 16thcentury vines have been cultivated at La Tour de BY. The known origin of the Châteaugoes back to the year 1599, when it was acquired by Pierre Tizon; lord of thestronghold of By. The emblem of theproperty; the tower, is an old lighthouse built in 1825 in the middle of the vineyardsbecoming the providence of sailors, sailing on the Gironde estuary, during thefoggy nights.
During 1965, Marc Pagès, anagricultural engineer from Tunisia will help rehabilitating the Château locatedin northern-Medoc, thanks to the informed advise of his friend and oenologist,Emile Peynaud, who committed to the development of this terroir early on. Frederic Le Clerc and Benjamin Richer De Forges now ensurethe destiny of their grandfathers’ wines; by combining quality, oenologistprecision and respect for traditions.
The 110 hectares vineyards’ with anaverage of 40 year old vines is ideally located on two-well exposed gravelridges.